No blood is needed. Samples are taken by rubbing the long swab provided (which looks like a long Cue-Tip) on the inside of the cheek to collect cheek cells and saliva. This is then dropped into a plastic tube included in the kit. Full written instructions are in the kit.
Articles in this section
- Will I ever need to be retested?
- What is the difference between genotyping and sequencing?
- How does it work? How is my DNA genotyped?
- Will the test determine my metabolic rate?
- Will the test help me lose weight?
- How do I perform the test?
- What is the turnaround time when my sample reaches the lab?
- Describe the collection process, do you require blood?
- What happens if my sample fails to yield sufficient DNA?