The results do not affect units per day – whatever the results the standard recommendations apply. The genetic result only indicates if the variant is potentially beneficial or not regarding the effect of alcohol (in small quantities) on lipid profile, in particular HDL cholesterol.
Articles in this section
- What is the research behind caffeine sensitivity?
- What is the research behind alcohol sensitivity?
- What is the evidence behind salt sensitivity?
- Why does raised sensitivity to alcohol have a positive effect on cholesterol?
- What do the caffeine markers mean? Should I change my caffeine intake?
- Does alcohol sensitivity influence the recommended guidelines?