Once our lab receives your sample, DNA is extracted from cells preserved in your saliva. The lab then copies the DNA many times - a process called amplification - growing the tiny amount extracted from your saliva until there is enough to be sequenced and genotyped.
Articles in this section
- Will I ever need to be retested?
- What is the difference between genotyping and sequencing?
- How does it work? How is my DNA genotyped?
- Will the test determine my metabolic rate?
- Will the test help me lose weight?
- What is the DNAFit Process?
- What is the turnaround time when my sample reaches the lab?
- Describe the collection process, do you require blood?
- What happens if my sample fails to yield sufficient DNA?